Today was a good day! Even though I was bad and spent most of the day playing XCOM 2, I was able to make very good progress this evening. MegaCorps is now very close to being a game - my criteria for that classification being that the player should have a goal and be able to win or lose.
The summarised list of items completed today include:
- Finished UI updates after migrating to Unity UI
- Squad movement
- Squad taking control of a sector
- The minumum UI bits needed for the above to work
This is what the new UI looks like:
The next few things I'll try and finish up tomorrow are:
- Losing: Eliminate a player if their last sector is lost.
- Winning: If you are the last player standing you win.
- Messages: Add some UI to communicate messages about players winning / losing after each round.
After that it's on to the fun stuff like:
- Research & Development
- Squad Customization