GGO16 - Day 12

I think I've made great progress on day 12 - much more than I expected to! We were planning to head out to our friends for some boardgames at around 09:30 this morning as soon as my wife finished up some work she had to do, but lucky for me the client she had to wait for was very late so I ended up having a good couple of hours of coding at the restaurant where I was having breakfast.

Outcomes

The GUI rewrite is nearly complete! At this point I can again show friendly squads in city blocks and some basic information about the current player.

One of the big upsides of this rewrite is that it's allowed me to restructure and modularise my UI a bit better, so hopefully that will contribute to faster development thanks to me being less confused about which component is doing what!

The main missing bits of UI still left for me to work on tomorrow to get back to my previous feature set are:

  • Polishing up the end-turn button.
  • Showing city block information on select.

Once those are done I can work on moving squads around again (which will involve adding some new UI elements - this bit of UI was the main impetus behind choosing to rewrite using Unity UI).