Today I managed to finish hacking together my more advanced city blocks that have a bit more detail to them to allow for more complex economic calculations. That wasn't enough - for them to actually be worth anything I also had to implement random city generation, which was a bit more than I planned on doing today, but at least it's all mostly working now!
See for yourself:
I'm pretty sure there's a few bugs that I'll have to fix tomorrow:
- City generation is failing to generate blocks of average quality in the 2nd ring of the city as it's supposed - instead they are also poor.
- Income is way too low - I must've messed up the calculation somehow.
Once those are sorted out I want to tackle a couple of things:
- Adding buttons for changing the tax rate.
- A happiness system that factors in sector economy, tax rate and CHIP adoption.
- Marketing mission for squads: these will be used to drive up CHIP adoption and increase your income.
- Squad maintenance costs as the first step towards spending money.